George Reed Staff Personnel receive Dynamic Ergonomics Training that helps office professionals beat Repetitive Stress Injuries and Back Pain. The Sittingsafe® training is a new generation of job-specific, on-site ergonomics training. Designed to reduce office-based injuries such as repetitive stress injuries and carpal tunnel syndrome, Sittingsafe is geared to those who work with computers or perform other job activities while in a seated position. The training consisted of:
1. Job site analysis/pre-assessment.
2. Design and customization of workshop.
3. Introduction – Get employees to understand the program and become motivated to be responsible for their own wellness.
4. Employees learn proper office ergonomics and other pertinent information to prevent harmful accumulation of physical stress that leads to pain, fatigue and injury.
5. Sittingsafe 3-minute stretching routine.
6. Practical learning module – each participant gets to apply what they learned to ensure they can set up any workstation properly for their bodies.
Cumulative Trauma Disorders are a result of continuous stress on the body. The key to preventing these costly injuries is to reduce the amount of stress incurred on a daily basis by properly adapting the environment to be more user-friendly, correcting improper biomechanics and through a proper stretching routine, rid the body of accumulated stress.
The class was conducted by Dougg Gerard, IPS
10 W Locust Street
Lodi, CA 95240